Thursday, February 04, 2010

Chocolate

Lord, I am thankful for chocolate.

It's the little pleasures in life that make it extra sweet and wonderful.  Like chocolate, or a warm cookie.  Perhaps a cozy hug, or a sincere compliment.  The things that just make your day that much better.

Tonight at church we started a women's bible study focusing on God's grace, yet another theme for it is chocolate.  :)  It was the best part of my day to sit with 9 or 10 other women in our church parlor (just redone and very cozy and relaxing) talking about life and faith.  It is such a fabulous group too.  I am the youngest at 23 and the oldest is a great grandmother of 16!  Many in the middle with young children or older children... we range the board with ages and personalities!  It was just such a blessing.

Sometimes I forget how important the support of friends and family is in life.  I think I'm fine on my own - but I'm not.  The loved ones in my life are another source of chocolate.  From a catch up phone call or an email or an evening of hanging out - those relationships are crucial to our lives.  I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends and family!  (especially when I'm living states away!)

Surprise a friend or family member this week to show them how thankful you are for their love.

Dear Lord,
I am so grateful tonight for the wonderful people whom you have put in my life.  I thank you for their uplifting words and thoughts.  Without those relationships I struggle.  Open my eyes to help me see when they are in need as well as when their are new friends on the horizon to be made.  Amen.

God Bless,
your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: