Thursday, February 18, 2010

Books

I am thankful for language and the ability to share my thoughts as well as hear and read the thoughts of others.  Lately I have been consumed by reading.  I just finished "Saints and Villains"  a historical fiction book about the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and I have just started "Stones into Schools" the sequel to "Three Cups of Tea" - the story of Greg Morteson building schools for girls in Pakistan and Afghanistan.  I am beginning "Blue like Jazz" with a friend tomorrow (as soon as I pick it up from the book store!) and after that we are reading "Unchristian".  Our book club just read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" and the county is soon reading "The Kindness of Strangers".

Waiting in a pile to be read soon is:
"All rivers run to the sea" - Elie Wiesel
"Walk to Freedom" - Nelson Mandela
"Lessons of love and secrets of sanctity" about Mother Teresa
"There Eyes Were Watching God"  - Zora Neale Hurston
"Say you're one of them"  - short stories about children in africa

What have you been reading?

No comments: