Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sculpting connections

As I read Matthew 22 some connections came up in my mind... Give to Caesar what is Caesars...

and give to God what is Gods... What is God's?  Our gifts, talents, and service... if made in clay/playdough -

One of mine is teaching kids about the earth... like the fact that earthworms are invasive to North America!  And one way I like to teach is by using games and toys to help be tactile and learn through experience.  =)  What would you sculpt as an example of something that you could particularly give to God?

Another theme of Matthew is that of a corrupt leadership in the church.  I was struck by this passage especially:  Matthew 23.13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.[c]"  





Have you ever felt as if someone in the church shut the door to heaven on you?
  



I keep a candle by my bed and near the window.  Matthew 24 sounds a lot like prophesy with a message loud and clear - keep watch.  


your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: