Friday, January 29, 2010

Meaningful Words

How do you respond to the following words and images?  
Competition...
Justice...
Activism...
Grassroots...
Social Justice...

Words have meaning... some of them a lot of meaning, but it is a meaning backed by actions, emotions, and beliefs.  As humans we are all unique and will always differ; yet it is not only a great learning experience for us to hear others perspectives but use them to help us better understand ourselves.  
I struggle with competition, I am not competitive yet I use it as a teaching tool to help keep my students involved.  I believe there are much better motivators than competition and that competition can tear apart people and relationships.  
I believe justice is the ability for a community to treat one another with human rights, dignity, and fairness.  
I love activism because it involves people who care standing up against injustice and truly care.  
I love grassroots movements because it is about local communities coming together on a personal and relational level to make the world a better place.  
I believe social justice is the act of working to create more justice among people, like Robin Hood, take from the rich to give to the poor.  (how else will it balance out?)  

What do you think?  
God Bless!
Your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: