Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our Father's Kitchen

I live near a town called Wilmington, Ohio where there has been tremendous job losses in the past year.  I don't know much about this as I just get here a few months back, however I can see that it has been extremely hard on the community.  Yet - spirits are up.  Those who have a little give a lot and those who have little, are thankful.

Tonight I went with a friend to help serve at the local kitchen... it's not a homeless shelter, and no one is asked how they are in need, it's simply a place with a free meal and a band playing during dinner.  It wasn't always as nice as it is now though.  Extreme home makeover and Rachael Ray teamed up (TEAMED UP) to rise to the challenge and build Sugartree ministries a new kitchen.  It's beautiful and tonight we feed over 100 people.  It's almost a resturant type feeling in the dining room.  The lights are down lower, a live band is on stage, and servers come to you, tell you the menu and ask what you want.  Your food and drinks are then delivered right to you.

It was a blessing to me to experience the faith and love of the leadership of this ministry as well as to serve a community that has opened it's arms to me.  I look forward to being their again soon and give thanks for the people God puts in my life to say hello for him.

God Bless,
your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: