Thursday, December 15, 2005

Music

I think music is amazing. Rhythm and melody can unite people of every nation and convey better emotionally than most other languages. Music is also a way we can express emotion, using more than just words but melody enhances the feeling in our souls. This is why i love church music. Old hymns that have stayed with us throught centuries not only because of the nice melody, but the truth that seeps out of them. Here are some of my old favorites:

Be thou my vison, oh Lord of my heart;
naught be all else to me save that thou art;
though my best thought by day or by night;
waking or sleeping, the presence my light.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch like me;
that once was lost but now i'm found,
was blind but now i see.

Jesus loves me this i know,
for the bible tells me so;
little ones to him belong,
they are weak but he is strong.
Yes Jesus loves me.. . .

From thou font of every blessing,
la la la la la la la (oops?)
lord i wander, oh i feel it
prone to leave the God i love
take my heart oh take and seal it
to thy . . . . heart above.

Psalm 33
1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.

take some time today or in the next few days to make some joyful noise to the Lord, music is a great way to worship.
God Bless!
~your sister in Christ~Erin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come, thou fount of every blessing
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
teach me some melodious sonnet
sung by flaming tongues above
praise the mount; i'm fixed upon it
mount of thy redeeming love.

i love that one too.
the others too of course :o)
--holly

Anonymous said...

http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh400.sht
it plays the hymn for you. i found it... sang along.. wow, it made my night. my night was being kind of crappy, and just sitting here.. alone in my dorm room, singing softly to God--wow, it was just great. :o) maybe it'd give you joy too someday :o) --holly