Friday, December 02, 2005

Joy

Psalm 4:6-8
6 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.
7 You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.

Psalm 16:10-12
10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, [a]
nor will you let your Holy One [b] see decay.
11 You have made [c] known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


John 16:20-22
20I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

Romans 15:13
13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Christmas is a season of joy however it wasn't this that brought my mind to it today. Today is my 19th birthday. I have been having a rough couple of weeks however this day was amazing. Last night was good and today was better. I have dealt with stress and the normal business of life. However i can't stop smiling today. My friends surprised me with everthing from 5 cards or decorating my storage locker to just being there. My parents sent me flowers and it has just been a wonderful day full of love.

i've tried to keep in mind recently that there is a time for everything however the third chunk of scripture i posted brought this again to my attention. There is pain in life, even in the good things there is pain. . . but there is also joy. College may be tough and i may struggle with things but there is joy in my life and blessings overflowing.

God has been ever present in my life and that thought alone is comforting, but feeling his presence also brings joy to my life. I know this entry was a little more personal but take it as a bit of a testimony. I know that everyone goes through hard times in life, or even hard days every week, but remember the joy we have as christians. . . remember the blessings we have in the shape of God's love, especially when shown through friends.
God Bless!
~your sister in Christ~Erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like the scripture you used--esp. John 16:20-22, and Romans 15:13. :o) Neh. 8:10 "And the Joy from the Lord will make you strong." I'm really glad your b-day was full of love and joy. :o) --holly