Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Blessings and Being Loved

*Hope you don't mind, Erin, I felt called to share! =D*

1 John 3:14
14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

Romans 8:38-39
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Proverbs 17:17
17 A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.

I was pleasantly surprised today...
finals are drawing near as the semester is ending, and I'm starting to get a *wee bit* stressed out, not thinking that I'm going to be able to do everything I need to get done, or do it well at all. I checked my mail--and got a letter from home, one from someone in my home-church, and a package full of cookies and candies from my aunt (yum!), all wishing me good luck on my finals. Every college student loves getting mail, so just getting a letter would have helped make my day--but it stopped me short and was just like, "wow, I'm loved." That was just what I needed. To help me see some of the blessings in my life, when I'd been choosing to focus on other things.
Sometimes we get so caught up in what we're doing, what's next on our schedule, and then trying to find time to relax or have fun--unwind, that we forget about God, and the many blessings He's bestowed upon us.
One thing I like to remind myself is that I have no idea what's going on. I don't know His plan at all. And I don't know every little part of it--and I don't catch everything He sends my way. I like to look at my blessings (which are amazing) and think, wow that's probably not even 1/2 of them... Just that I don't see them all, or they don't seem like blessings to my eyes yet.

John 1:16
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
((I like this verse A LOT here))

Romans 15:29
I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ.

Ephesians 1:3
[ Spiritual Blessings in Christ ] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ

Psalm 21:6
Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

Ezekiel 34:26
I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.

Proverbs 18:24
24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

I'm not sure exactly what my point was... Take a moment and think of the many blessings God has placed on you, and know that there are more still. Set some time aside for God during finals... maybe send a card to a friend or family member--you just might make their day. :o)

--holly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful Holly. . .
so many things going on i forget what's important. . . i don't deal with stress well at all. Alot of you know this, but this helped make my night better!
love you!
your sister in Christ,
~Erin

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it helped make your night better :o) hey the semester's almost done... --holly