Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Calm

Funny how moods can be. It can be so easy to be in a mood and stuck there. Sometimes I find myself almost getting caught up in other peoples moods - or at least watching their facial expressions as we are talking and trying to read how they are and all that. It's really obnoxious to me when I can't read someone's mood! It's just another way I check in on people.

Today I found myself down. Upset, jittery... just all over the place. So I took some time and went shopping. Didn't buy much, but people watched. I love watching happy people and seeing how different people react to things. The grocery store is really fun for that sometimes.

After church choir my entire mood was flipped upside down and I was just peachy. I love how music can do that to me. Singing particularly... and just something special about church choir. =)

The other thing that can really pull me up is meditation. Beginning with a mantra from Jesus calming his disciples "Be still my love, know that I am God".

Really it is the presence of my lord that calms me, and brings me peace. Ah.

your sister in Christ,
Erin

No comments: