Wednesday, October 10, 2007

One


So many thoughts run through my head in a day, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't write them down. Sometimes I wonder if anyone sees or notices any of the entries here. I am just one person, no one great or famous, but just me. Yet I am one person set on making a difference in the world.

I have been struggling lately for the want of ... acceptance maybe? acknowledgement? I'm not really sure really. I am noticed and loved by those whom I love around me, and truely I am blessed yet I have this disire for more. The crazy thing is I don't know if I can even handle more. What is the drive in me to get out there, do something, help someone? I can't even get all of my homework done on time...

I love this quote by Helen Keller, "I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Our campus ministry needs leadership, love, God, and more students. Our church needs programming for young adults. Our young women need to know they are loved, special, and wanted. I see so many needs, and have so many needs of my own, where do I go from here?

I am hopeful that things will happen, and i'll continue to work on the needs God places before me as they come. One grain of rice can tip the scale and I encourage others to continue on with the work God has sent in front of you. I pray for your strength and courage as well as your endurance for we all know that life isn't easy, but it is worth it.

Much love,
God Bless,
your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: