Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Wonderfulness

Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes we have bad days, or bad weeks, or bad years. . . but God gives us wonderfulness in little packages to make us feel loved and see his beauty in the little things. Here is a peom a friend sent me a while ago. . .


Today, when i awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of
my life, ever! There were times when i wondered if i would make it to
today; but i did.
And because i did, I'm going to celebrate!
Today, i'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life i have had so
far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, and yes, even the
hardships because they have served to make me stronger.
I will go through this day with my head held high and a happy heart.
I will marvel at God's seeming simple gifts:
the morning dew,
the sun,
the clouds,
the trees,
the wind,
the flowers,
the birds,
Today, none of these miraculous creations will escape my notice.
Today, I will share my excitement for life with other people
I'll make someone smile.
I'll go out of my way to perform an unexpected act of kindness for
someone i don't even know. Today, i'll give a sincere compliment to
someone who seems down. I'll tell a child how special they are, and
ill tell someone i love just how deeply i care for them and how much
they mean to me. (That's you Cameron!)
Today is the day i quit worrying about what i don't have and start
being grateful for all the wonderfil things god has already given me.
I'll remember that to worry is just a waste of time because my faith
in God and his divne plan ensures everything will be just fine.
and tonight, before i got to bed, i'll go outside and raise my eyes to
the heavens. I will stand in awe at the beauty of the stars and the
moon, and i will praise god for these magnificent treasures.
I will thank the almighty for the best day of my life.
and i will sleep the sleep of a contented child,
excited with expectation because i know tomorrow is going to be the
best day of my life, ever!

Not to say there won't be bad days. . . for without them how would we appreciate the good? just that God has a plan for us. .
Ecclesiastes 3
A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

and God has everything handled, even if we don't feel him there with us. Most of the time i find it is just me walking around with my eyes closed not seeing God's wonderfulness. Ignoring his creation, ignoring the blessings of friends he has showered upon me, ignoring his outstretched arms waiting to hold me. He is there, he is there in the sunrise, in the wind, and in the e-mail from an old friend. He is everywhere. Next time you're feeling down, alone, or just stressed out take a look at the things around you. Take a walk. Open your eyes and let God bring you a piece of his wonderfulness.
God Bless,
~your sister in Christ~Erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my best days are the days when nothing escapes my notice--when I can open my eyes to the beauty of His creation and really just be grateful for His blessings --holly