Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Quiet

Take a substancial amount of time to be quiet today. As much as you would like, depending on who you are
Take time to listen, to be quiet, to calm your soul and hang with God...

Psalm 131
1 My heart is not proud, O LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.

1 Peter 3
3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

on a personal note, i find the best i sleep is when i fall asleep hanging with God, praying or just listening. . . like falling asleep in the arms of a loving parent, safe and warm. . .

God Bless!
your sister in Christ ~Erin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, today's topic is a good one for me. I'm really frustrated with a lot of things in my life, but i haven't really taken time for God, I do alittle but then I just keep expecting life to suck.... no good. Thanks for this devotion, and i'd appreciate all the prayers I can get. Love y'all, Erika

Anonymous said...

Erika, I'll keep you in my prayers! I agree with you--this is a good topic for me too. I've been devoting what could be excellent God quiet time to other things--in our workaholic society, i think this is hard for everyone.. --holly

Anonymous said...

i agree with both of u. i keep thinking to myself that I spend enough time with God, but I really don't. I hope that this weekend will help me get closer to God tan I have ever been. Dan