Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Race

Ecclesiastes 9:11
11 I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

We all run the race of life. Parts are a short sprint, as we run energetically towards the prize, but we do not always have the energy to keep up this sprint every day of our lives, i know i don't. So how do we deal with the times where we are jogging or scarcely seem to be moving? That's the best part, we don't struggle alone. . . we have a running partnet through out of all our life.

1 Corinthians 9
23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

We live our lives for the sake of God, that's all. That's all i have to live for. We train and we run, we can't stop, life doesn't stop. . . it keeps going and we keep going with it, don't let the hard parts of life keep you from winning the race.
God Bless,
~your sister in Christ

No comments: