Thursday, September 27, 2007

Technology ?!?

SO many conversations have come up lately wondering if technology is a good thing or a bad thing... no one seems to know. Our younger generations can't seem to live "unplugged". Assignments are given online and expected to be printed and brought to class or simply handed in online making it neccessary to have a computer with internet access for education. Communication has gone from home phones to cell phones to email to instant messenging and networking sites therefore to stay in touch with anyone the fastest and most convient way is online. Then there is the personal comforts of text messenging, digital cameras, and ipods which can now be obtained all in one gaget! We can all see great advatages in these changes, but probably also problems.

Just some interesting things I think about as I surf other blogs and sites. I often struggle as a young adult in the church feeling like there aren't many around me "like me". But as I over analyze everything (i know i know, but i can't help it) I wonder it has anything to do with our poor personal communication skills? I find hope in sites online where there seem to be people who are excited about their faith and young.

Sigh, like most hard topics I don't think there is an answer. However, one thing I learned as a young child, everything in moderation - technology may be like chocolate cake, fabulous and wonderful but not the relational nutrition that comes from a good dinner.

God Bless,
Erin
your sister in Christ

1 Timothy 4:12 (paraphrased) Don't let them put you down just because your are younger! But love them and set an example in the faith with your actions of love, purity, honesty, and integrity.

No comments: