Monday, September 10, 2007

Ephesians

Sometimes when I am doing Bible studies on my own or with a friend I like to start at chapter one of a book and read the whole thing. Today I started Ephesians. Very interesting words in that first chapter as Paul simply encourages the people. Nothing to profound or complex, just simply praising God and encouraging them to praise and bless God as well for all of the great things in their lives.

I can take a positive lesson from Paul today as well. As much as it is very important for each of us to have others in our lives that encourage us and are there for us to help us grow and pick us up when we fall, I often forget that God is there to do these things as well. He does deserve to be praised and blessed simply because he is God. He has given me more than I could ever ask for, yet somedays I am still not happy. Today I was saddened by the cold rain, waking up early, and having classes, but look at how many of those things are blessings in my life! The rain helps feed the beautiful plants and forests all around me that I like to enjoy. I get to wake up in my own bedroom in a beautiful house to prepare for a day of learning and growing. And I have some excellent classes in subjects that will lead me to a career that I love and can teach children about God everyday. and for all of this I complain?

Praise God for you are a gracious father providing us with more than we can imagine and sometimes even notice. Thank you for being there for me forever and always.

Much love,
Erin
your sister in Christ

No comments: