Monday, January 23, 2006

Agree to Disagree

1 Corinthians 1
10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas[a]"; still another, "I follow Christ."
13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into[b] the name of Paul? 14I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16(Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

If i have learned one thing at college it is that when you have a discussion you will encounter multiple views. You will probably even argue. As christians we have argued for years - look at the divisions it has caused amoung us - denominations. I urge you to work towards bringing union again between christians, make friends, TALK, respect everyone, and agree to disagree. WE have so much to learn from one another.

God Bless,
your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: