Sunday, April 20, 2008

Coming Together

Today was our church Children's Musical "The Tale of Three Trees". As the director this has been my headache for the last 2 months. With very little attendance at rehearsals to miscommunication amoung the adult leaders- it has been a very difficult show. But today we did it for the congregation and it went GREAT!


We had 3 older children playing one of the trees and a few others taking leadership in key places. However this show was comprised of about 5 songs and not many of the children had much interest in singing.

With patience, work, and repetition we practiced and changed and added new children up to the end. Wednesday at rehersal we tried to put it together and it didn't go so well. However this morning - I'm not really sure what happened (for I was behind the alter and couldn't see), but God was with them and helped them share a great ministry story with the congregation.

Everyone seemed to love them and many people came and congratulated me and the kids. I breathe a great sigh of relief now. While I would do anything for the kids this was a rough road and I'm not to eager to do it again. However, I thank God for the places he has been able to use me at my local church and all of the work he has done to help these kids be in ministry.

"Through Christ anything is possible" Philippeans

your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: