Saturday, April 09, 2011

Change the World

The United Methodist Church is sponsoring a day of volunteering around the globe.  Awesome!  This is the second year of this project and I'm excited about it. 

Get involved locally. 
Improve health globally.
Change the World. 

That's something I'm proud of coming out of our church.  :) 
The idea of the event is to challenge local congregations to partner with other groups in town and do some volunteer or service work.  If you would like to, they also encourage you to raise money for Imagine No Malaria.  (Related to Nothing But Nets - but do more than prevention - treatment, education, etc)

There are a lot of humanitarian organizations out there.  Some I agree with, some I am alittle leary of.  I do however appreciate the church (my church) getting out and doing something.  Not that they don't, there are many amazing programs happening on the local/conference/jurisdictional/etc level.  Prison ministries, homeless ministries, etc, but this is uniting, simple, and easy. 

That weekend my home church is coming to camp for a retreat.  Perhaps I'll talk them into a project somewhere.... :) 

What will you DO to change the world? 
Peace,
your sister in Christ~Erin

No comments: