Saturday, March 12, 2011

No more is the Land of Limbo!

I have been in the Land of Limbo for the majority of the last fall through January.  Sigh... not a comfortable and relaxing place to be!! 

But as do all good things, the time has come when more exciting and permanent things have come about!  I am now the Camp Assistant for the United Methodist Camps of Wisconsin.  I work back and forth at both Lake Lucerne and Pine Lake, while I am living on site at Pine Lake.  I assist with whatever is needed from taking care of animals, nature programming, helping with summer programming, typical office work, serving food/dishes, and hosting groups. 

In a lot of ways I can see myself here for a while.  (crossing my fingers!) 

So seminary, - I have still begun my ordination process and am planning on attending seminary and following my calling as a deacon.  Therefore I will begin school part time next fall as I maintain my full time job here.  Hopefully I will be able to do many of my classes online!  I am also looking at the possibility of taking the train down from Portage to Chicago when necessary.

Just some life details.  I love being at camp and getting to meet all sorts of wonderful people from all over the state.  It's also very relieving to have a "real" job again and be able to pay the bills.  I am still learning to put my trust in God, in good times and in Limbo Land.

God Bless you and yours,
your sister in Christ~Erin  

No comments: